Solvent free ceramic beads reinforced composite extreme impact & sliding abrasion applications at elevated temperatures
ProTXcoat 104HD is a two component solvent free epoxy novolac repair compound containing ceramic beads for extreme wear environments from fine particles & wet slurries. Once cured the repair materials can withstand immersion temperatures up to 150°C & dry temperatures up to 260°C.
- Apply to abrasive blast cleaned surfaces
- High mechanical adhesion to metal substrates
- Ideal wet slurry abrasion & extreme sliding wear from fine particles
- Withstands immersion temperatures up to 150°C
Slurry pumps, Wear plates, Bins & hoppers, Pipe elbows, Fan blades & housings, Chutes Internal pipe surfaces, Transport screws
Metallic Substrates – Abrasive blast cleaning
- All oil and grease must be removed from the surface using an appropriate cleaner such as MEK.
- All surfaces must be abrasive blasted to ISO 8501/4 Standard SA2.5 (SSPC SP10/ NACE 2) minimum blast profile of 75 microns (3mil) using an angular abrasive.
- Once blast cleaned, the surface must be degreased and cleaned using MEK or similar type material.
- All surfaces must be coated before gingering or oxidation occurs.
PLEASE NOTE: For salt contaminated surfaces the substrate must be pressure washed with clean water and checked for salt contamination, please refer to the surface preparation and pre-application guide for further information.
Prior to mixing please ensure the following:
- The base component is at a temperature between 15-25°C (60-77F°).
- The ambient & surface temperature is above 10°C (50F°).
- The ambient & surface temperatures are not less than 3°C (6°F) above the dew point.
Once these 3 checks have been met, please proceed with mixing the product.
- Mixing of the product can be on full units or by part-mixing.
- If mixing the whole unit please ensure as much of the base and activator is dispensed from the plastic container onto a clean plastic mixing surface.
- Mix using the spatula provided until a uniform material free of any streakiness is achieved while ensuring no unmixed material is left on the spatula or the mixing surface.
- From the commencement of mixing the whole of the material should be used within 30 minutes at 20°C (68F°).
- For part mixing, using a spatula place 2 equal measures from the base unit onto a clean plastic mixing surface.
Clean the spatula thoroughly and then take 1 equal measure from the Activator unit and place alongside the base
measures. Mix as above.
- Using the spatula or applicator tool, apply the material to the blast prepared surface,
- Ensure the product is pressed into any holes, scars or cracks and profile the repair to a smooth finish.
- Apply in a single coat at wet film thickness of 3-6mm.
5kg (11lb) of fully mixed product will give the following coverage rates –
0.747m2 at 3mm 8.03ft2 at 120mil
0.373m2 at 6mm 4.01ft2 at 1⁄4”
Please note that the coverage rates quoted are theoretical and do not take into consideration the profile or condition of the surface being repaired.
|At 20°C (68F°) the applied materials should be allowed to harden for the times indicated below before being subjected to the conditions indicated. These times will be extended at lower temperatures and reduced at higher temperatures:||Usable Life||30 mins|
|Minimum overcoating time||4 hours|
|Maximum overcoating time||12 hours|
|Full cure||3 days|
|For Optimum Performance|
|After an initial curing period of at least 4 hours at 20°C (68F°), raising the cure temperature progressively to 60 – 100°C (140- 212F°) for up to 8 hours will result in improved mechanical, thermal and chemical resistance properties|
|This product is available in the following pack sizes||5kg (11lb)|
|Mixed material||Mid grey|
|Base component||Mid grey|
|Minimum||The applied material can be over-coated as soon as it is touch dry.|
|Maximum||The over-coating time should not exceed 12 hours at 20°C (68F°).|
|Where the maximum over-coating time is exceeded, the material should be allowed to harden before being abraded or flash blasted to remove surface contamination.|
|5 years if unopened and store in normal dry conditions (15-30°C/ 60-86°F)|
|Other Technical Documents|
|Quick Application Guide||Hand application|
|Safety Data Sheets||Base & Activator components|
|Product Specification Sheet||Technical Performance Information|
Health and safety
Please ensure good practice is observed at all times. Protective gloves, goggles & a disposable coverall must be worn during the mixing and application of this product. Before mixing and applying the material ensure you have read the fully detailed Safety Data Sheet.
The data contained within this Product Specification is furnished for information only and is believed to be reliable at the time of issue. We cannot assume responsibility for results obtained by others over whose methods we have no control. It is the responsibility of the customer to determine the products suitability for use. ProTXcoat accepts no liability arising out of the use of this information or the product described herein.