Anti Static Floorcoat – high build solvent free epoxy anti-static floor coating
ProTXcoat 300AS is an epoxy based coating system suitable for use in areas where a resistance of less than 108 ohms is required as a measure to control static electricity. After mixing, an easily applied chemical and abrasion resistant finish is produced which is hygienic and easy to clean.
- Solvent free epoxy
- Anti-static coating
- Apply by brush or roller
Factory floors, Laboratories, Clean rooms
- If the concrete surface is contaminated, pressure wash using clean water.
- Once the concrete is dry, lightly abrasive blast clean or scarify taking care not to expose the aggregate.
- Allow new concrete to cure for a minimum of 21 days and treat to remove any surface laitance.
- Check the moisture content of the concrete prior to coating (8% moisture content or below).
- Lightly scarify the surface taking care not to expose the aggregate.
- Clean all dust and debris from the surface.
Prime all surfaces
- Ensure all concrete surfaces are primed prior to applying 390AS.
- Apply ProTXcoat 302 SPEP low viscosity epoxy primer to the surface using brush or roller.
- Apply 302 SPEP at a wet film thickness of 150 microns (6mil).
- Leave to cure for a minimum 3 hours at 20°C (68°F).
Prior to mixing please ensure the following:
- The base component is at a temperature between 15-25°C (60-77F°).
- The ambient & surface temperature is above 10°C (50F°).
- The ambient & surface temperatures are not less than 3°C (6°F) above the dew point.
Once these 3 checks have been met, please proceed with mixing the product.
- Transfer the contents of the Activator unit into the Base container.
- Using an electric paddle mixer, mix the 2 components until a uniform material free of any streaks is achieved.
- From the commencement of mixing the whole of the material should be used within 45 minutes at 20°C (68°F).
Brush or roller applications
- Pour the mixed material into a paint kettle or paint tray (this will maximise the usable life).
- Using a 50mm (2”) wide synthetic brush, stripe coat all edges, joints, corners and equipment with the mixed material. The stripe coat must be approximately 100mm (4”) wide, at 200 microns (8mil) wet film thickness.
- Once the stripe coat has cured sufficiently and is capable of being overcoated, apply the 1st coat of mixed product to all surfaces at 250 microns (10mil) wet film thickness.
- Once the 1st coat of material has cured sufficiently, approximately 12 hours at 20°C (68F°), apply a 2nd coat of material to all surfaces at 250 microns (10mil) wet film thickness.
|Coverage Rates||3.78ltr/ 5kg (1 US gallon) of fully mixed product will give the following coverage rates|
|15m2 at 250 microns||161ft2 at 10mil|
|Cure Times||At 20°C (68°F) the applied materials should be allowed to harden for the times indicated below before being subjected to the conditions indicated. These times will be extended at lower temperatures and reduced at higher temperatures:|
|Usable life||45 minutes|
|Minimum overcoating time||12 hours|
|Maximum overcoating time||36 hours|
|Chemical contact||5 days|
|This product is available in the following pack sizes||3.78ltr/ 5kg (1 US gallon)|
|Minimum||The material can be over-coated as soon as it is touch dry, approximately 12 hours at (20°C (68°F).|
|Maximum||The over-coating time should not exceed 36 hours.|
|Where the maximum over-coating time is exceeded, the material should be allowed to harden before being abraded to remove surface contamination.|
|5 years if unopened and stored in normal dry conditions (15-30°C/ 60-86F°)|
|Other Technical Documents|
|Safety Data Sheets||Base & Activator components|
|Product Specification Sheet||Technical Performance Information|
Health and safety
Please ensure good practice is observed at all times. Protective gloves, goggles & a disposable coverall must be worn during the mixing and application of this product. Before mixing and applying the material ensure you have read the fully detailed Safety Data Sheet.
The data contained within this Product Specification is furnished for information only and is believed to be reliable at the time of issue. We cannot assume responsibility for results obtained by others over whose methods we have no control. It is the responsibility of the customer to determine the products suitability for use. ProTXcoat accepts no liability arising out of the use of this information or the product described herein.